Monday, January 7, 2008

VLCD 15 - 291.6

Ok, last week was frustrating. I don't know if I had a false low at 290, but I went to bed and woke up 2 pounds heavier than my pre bedtime weight... So on Th I was suddenly 294. One of my marine friends who has done some extreme dieting to make his weight has said this has happened to him too. I decided that maybe I didn't get enough water in and made sure to have more than 2 liters on TH. My weight was back down to 292.8 on F and then 292.6 on Sat, and finally Sunday was 292.4. I was glad this morning when I was down to 291.6. I can think of three things that may have contributed to the bounce and slow loss. 1. Not enough water 2. This was a weight that I was at for a while and so it might be a set point 3. I had fast bowls early in the week and that may have triggered the need to hold water.

I also thought about a post I read on the yahoo group board by Lynne, and the benefit of breaking up the meals into small snacks throughout the day instead of having two "large" meals. I broke my food into snacks every two hours. I have felt SO much better today. I have been having gentle cravings for protein off and on during the protocol. Today I felt infinitely better and am waiting to see how I do tomorrow. If this groovy feeling continues... well let's just say then next four weeks will be a breeze.

Even with last week's stall, I still think that this is the most reasonable life change/diet that I have done. I am noticing a difference in how I perceive portions that I have never experiences before. That alone gives me hope. Oh, and apples and salad greens never tasted this good before.

1 comment:

BizBuzz said...

Lots of good information here. Yes, splitting meals is the ONLY way to go! And if you can concentrate on making sure you eat something every three hours that is another good thing!

Yes, not drinking enough water can play havoc with the scale, so get your water in!

Glad your posting again!