Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 8 VLCD

Okay..... today the 290.4... goddness I might make it below 290 to start the new year and that would be fantabulous!!!! I am so glad that I am rocking and rolling right now... I have to remind myself that I was obviously very water logged and so not to plan on seeing 17 pound drops every week :) I have been using a protein powder for some of my meals, but otherwise sticking to the Dr S meal plan, minus the melba toast/breadstick thing. My protein powder is MetRx chocolate, it mixes with water really well, is easily digestible and comes with 46 g of protein, 7 g of carbs, 2 g of fat and 220 calories. I get mine at Trader Joe's. It doesn't taste chemical like the Muscle Milk or EAS. I used to lift and have also used protein supplements on Atkins.

I've been taking fiber supplements, even though Dr. S didn't say we needed to, but I worked so hard to get regular I don't really want to let that go. Has anyone else kept their fiber supplements in? I am also keeping up with the Alive! multivitamin. I might alter the food to the NHWs options if I start to get bored with the protocol, but we will have to see.

I don't know if any of you have Panera near you, but that is the easiest place I have seen to follow protocol at. They have a classic salad to which you can add 100g of chicken and have a small apple as a side item... Just ask for the dressing and anything else to be left off since it is assembled as you order!

Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Girl you lost just like I did my first round! Good for you! :) It feels great doesnt it? Just promise me one thing....you will take a long break between phases. I did not and that is what messed me up on my R2.

Anywho about the "regular" idea. Man I had an issue with that too. I think most of us do though. I drink that "Smooth Move" tea. You can pick it up at the grocery store or natural food store. If you go to the G store it is in the organic foods section. You drink a glass at night before bed and by morning you feel much better :) And it shows on the scale!!

Also, be careful with protein powder. Sometimes you do not get all of the nutrients you need by just "drinking" supplements.
Take care.....

Crystal

BizBuzz said...

Good for you! Love seeing those big numbers and it's good you understand that you might not see those kinds of numbers throughout your round!

Good for you again making wise food choices!