Friday, December 7, 2007

Finally a day of action!

Yesterday was a day of resolution and action. After looking into the option of ordering online as suggested by so many of the yahoo hcg2 group and reading all the negatives about going with GHI it seemed like a no brainer. Can you believe ALL of the supplies I will need for 4 cycles of hcg was less than going with GHI's pharmacy for one month. Unbelievable. I couldn't have done it without the guidance of the famous Biz. She was able to help me figure out everything I needed to order and sent me this awesome pdf that laid it all out.

Now I just have to wait for my shipment to arrive. With the free shipping coupon from the hcg2 posts it was no problem to go ahead and pay the extra few dollars for priority shipping. I am still glad that I went ahead and got the bloodwork done. When I went into the dr to get a pre weightloss physical she required an EKG. So at least I know that a quick check of my heart looks awesome and my bloodwork pretty darn good too. I still have what is termed as subclinical hypothyroid and am waiting to see what happens with that after this process. The advantage of doing the bloodwork through GHI first time around is that my insurance will only cover it once a year and so now my follow up bloodwork can be on them. I am guessing they will want to if I really lose 160 pounds before I go back :)

So today... I am down to my last week or so of waiting. I started journaling yesterday... Biz reminded me how important this is. I cam across a few things that are really bugging me. As a general statement, the men in my life are making me a little crazy. I am flattered that they all care as much as they do, but I don't know if any of them are the best fit. Perhaps that is a whole other blog of relationship angst. Professionally I am coming up on some major changes, I will take my comprehensive exams in the spring/early summer and propose my dissertation next fall if I stay on track.

The one thing that I am sure of is that now is the best time of my life to make these changes and let my body be its best, not just exist as a vessel to provide my brain with life support. I can't help but get excited about all the possibilities... like this time next year I might have run my first marathon and I will be buying clothes in the 5*7*9 store instead of Layne Bryant, who is great but SO expensive. And imagine I haven't been able to buy bras at Victoria's Secret since I went into 38 DDDs as a Freshman in college. I've never had much luck at Perlina or any of the nice undergarment places... It will be a whole new world. I can't wait til my body reflects me to not hides me from the world.

4 comments:

BizBuzz said...

Yes ma'am, you are ON your way!!! WOO HOO FOR YOU! Now, just get yourself ready, be in the right mental place to take this journey head on!

BizBuzz said...

Passing on thru...letting you know I was here...

Crystal Lee said...

Hey hon found your site from Biz's post this morning. :D I likie!

Girl you sound so much like me...I just wrote a blog post about being able to fit into Victoria's Secret undies. LOL My husband is too excited.

I am so happy for you starting this program. I had many "health" issues with me before the protocol. Prediabetes, hypothyroidism, anemia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome...need I go on? As far as I can tell all of these have gone bye bye since I started injecting.

This is how I know: Diabetes...blood sugar tests confirm I am A-OK

Thyroid...still a bit off but body temps are rising, hair is not falling out as bad and fatigue is deminishing

Anemia-Fatigue gone and skin color coming back to normal (no longer pale)

PCOS-I actually could "feel" myself ovulating the past two months. This has not happened since I was a teen.

Okay sorry for the long post I just wanted to give you something to look forward to! Also you might want to add selenium in your diet if you have thyroid issues.

Unknown said...

Hi, just wanted to encourage you and welcome you to the HCG2 board---we're glad you're here! This protocol really works, and you will be among friends on your journey. I look forward to reading your blog!