Wednesday, December 12, 2007

First installment

So the HCG "kit" arrived today, ie the syringes and ampules and other mixing supplies. I am super excited to get these things... it makes me feel like I am getting closed to my first load day. I am trying to decide if I want to stay on my BC or go off of it. I know that Dr. Simeon says that it is fine to stay on it and mine means that I wouldn't have a TOM in the middle of the protocol since I am a seasonique user.

I am trying to imagine all of the changes that are possible between now and my birthday in March. I need to find out what exercises people have been doing while on protocol. I know KT recommends an hour walk daily. I'd like to swim because I don't want to forget how when my body isn't as buoyant.

Happy holidays everyone, and thanks for your support!

3 comments:

Crystal Lee said...

Hey hon congrats on getting your kit! :D When are you planning on starting?

A comment about the exercise....be careful. Especially your first round. I think others can back me up on this, even though Kevin says it is okay to exercise, Dr. S said to limit yourself. You are going to soon discover something called "muscle fatigue" where your muscles feel strained. This is because the fat cells disolving from between your muscle fibers. Because of this simple tasks will feel like a workout.
For example, when I first started the protocol, fixing my hair felt like I was doing 200 situps. :D (arms raised over my head for about 5 minutes)

So take it slow at first. Now, I walk about 30 minutes 3 times a week and have seen great success with that. I do not think I could do more than this without experiencing discomfort.

Hope this helps. Let me know ifyou have any questions...okay? :D

Crystal

BizBuzz said...

Totally cool! You are on your way!

And what Crystal said about the exercise. The general rule of thumb is to NOT if you haven't been doing it regularly.

During the summer, I did swim, with no issues, but that is ALL I have done.

The way I see it? I am putting my body thru some massive chemical processes losing this weight, let me let it concentrate on that, there will be time for exercise later, KWIM?

beachbrights said...

I've taken BC (seasonale) and even skip the placebos. I did not have any problems losing weight (.78 average daily loss) but I did experience break thru bleeding twice. Once in the begining and at the end of R2.

As far as the exercise, I'd excerise if you are already conditioned and have a routine for it. I would not start a new exercise program with HCG. Listen to Crystal and Biz or read Brooke's blog. She exercised the entire time.

I hope this helps, congrats on almost starting P2!